We’ve been meaning to get over to Whitchurch for a few weeks now so we can check on our two caches there. Today I had a free hour or two so off I set.
First on the list was our Behind Enemy Lines – Tilstock cache. The last finder had reported that the cache was ok but there were 3 muggle logs in since the last finder. Sure enough, I found various muggle logs, including a really racist joke😦.
I removed the offending pages from the logbook and as the hide had been compromised, moved the cache to a new hiding place that teenage muggles will hopefully not spot. The hint on the cache page has been altered and all is good to go.
The only downside was that the muggles seem to have made off with the lovely geocoin which was in the cache. It’s always a shame when this happens – we’ve emailed the coin owner to let them know😦.
Next on the list was our Whitchurch Whereigo cache. I strongly suspect the cache is being cleared up with leaf litter by council workers so have changed the hide slightly so it won’t happen again.
It’s now a new preform cache (so we could get away with not having to hide a micro) and hidden in a slightly different place. I had to re-learn the Whereigo Cartridge authoring system so I could update the hint and upload a new version of the Cartridge to the Whereigo site.
Two caches, all sat ready and waiting for their next finders🙂.