We’d just had tea and I was checking emails again, when I spotted a new cache not too far from home.
I’ve had problems with bad co-ords on this cache hiders caches in the past (including two that were quickly archived by the Reviewer, but not before I wasted a whole morning trying to find one of them!) and so checked where the cache was on Google Maps. It showed the cache to be in the middle of a ploughed field and nowhere near a tree (the hint said base of tree). Hmmm….
Luckily the cache description had a few road names and said the cache was on one of them. A quick look at Streetmap gave me a short(ish) stretch of lane that the cache might be on and a double check on Google Maps showed 4 trees on that stretch of lane that might be hiding the cache.
Looks like it might be possible to find the cache after all so off I set before it started to get too dark. I was soon at what I thought would be GZ and my initial scan of the 4 trees came up with nothing. The cache hider usually hides well constructed, natural looking hides so I checked all hint items again and sure enough, soon had the nicely made cache in hand.
The co-ords were 0.19 miles off the stated one, so I’ve posted my reading at GZ on my log and emailed the cache owner to let them know they need to contact the Reviewer to ask for the cache co-ords to be changed (as they are more than 528ft from the original ones).